Saturday, January 31, 2015

A Tinder Love Story

I'll be straight up- I met my boyfriend on Tinder. When we first started talking, he was on the road with his band, touring cross-country. Our back-and-forth started off pretty casual- light conversations, innocent games of 20 Questions, and goofy Snapchats. The more we got to know each other though, the more I considered actually being with this person. My interest was growing, and I could tell his was too. I obviously proceeded with caution, but the more we talked the more invested I became. After about two months of texting and never actually talking, we finally FaceTimed. And that solidified it for me- I had to meet this man.

We had always joked about me jumping on a plane to fly to whatever new city he was in to meet. Suddenly that didn't sound so crazy anymore. We're from the same city, but he had a few weeks left on tour... and I was becoming impatient. So, I got on a plane and flew to Indianapolis to meet my "tinder guy." The weekend was like a fairytale... If fairytales were set in a hotel room with not only Prince Charming but 4 other dudes.  And a mom. But that's besides the point. I spent three wonderful days in Indianapolis. In that time I fell head over heels for this man. Two weeks later his tour ended, and we were both finally back in the same city. 

It's been almost eight months now, and things have never been better. I found the love of my life on Tinder, and I'm not afraid to admit it. Now I'm not saying everyone should fly to a strange city by themselves to meet someone they met on a dating app... but hey, it worked for me. TGIT (Thank God for Tinder)!

No comments:

Post a Comment